Tim is an Associate at Wishart Law Firm LLP. He completed his Juris Doctor degree at the University of Windsor in 2013. While at the University of Windsor Tim was awarded the Samia Rose Shaheen Memorial Award for Legal Writing in 2011. Tim also holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honor’s) degree in Political Science with General Psychology, a Master of Business Administration (Specialization in Finance and Accounting) degree, a Master of Laws degree in Banking and Financial Services Law, a Master of Laws degree in Business Law, and a Postgraduate Diploma in Justice System Administration from York University. In addition, Tim holds the Certified Information and Privacy Professional (CIPP/C) designation and is currently completing a Master of Engineering degree in Cybersecurity Policy and Compliance from George Washington University.
Tim has authored numerous articles and has contributed to various publications including Law in International Finance – a leading text on international financial law published by Thomson Reuters Canada.
Tim previously worked as Business Development Manager at the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre. In this capacity Tim worked closely with both the public and private sectors to drive business growth, facilitate research and commercialize innovation in the areas of science and technology. In addition to this experience, Tim has worked closely with municipal and industrial clients while employed with a local environmental consulting firm specializing in the areas of water, waste water, waste management, and regulatory compliance.
Activities & Affiliations
- Member of the Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations
- Member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Sault Community Career Centre
- Member of the Board of Directors for the St. Mary's River Marine Heritage Centre
- Member of the Business/Accounting Advisory Committee for the Sault College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Business Mentor for Start-up Business with the Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation
- Former Member of the Sault Ste. Marie Renewable Energy Committee
- Former Member of the Canadian Youth Business Foundation Loan Review Committee
- Former Member of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce Business Development and Technology Committee
Get in touch
At Wishart Law Firm, we believe access to your lawyer is key. Use the form to the right email or click below to an appointment today.