Steven Shoemaker is an Associate with the Wishart Law Firm LLP, practising in the area of advocacy. His practice focuses on litigation and commercial transactions.
Steven has represented clients before the courts and administrative tribunals. He is fluent in French and conversational in Italian.
Steven was called to the bar in New York State in 2006. He was called to the Ontario Bar in June 2010 and now is a member of the Canadian Bar Association as well as the Algoma District Law Association.
Steven attended Lake Superior State University on a full academic scholarship and upon graduation, was recognized as the top Finance and Economics graduate. He was also awarded a full academic scholarship to attend Michigan State University Law School.
LAKE SUPERIOR STATE UNIVERSITY
Finance and Economics, Summa Cum Laude, 2003
MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, 2006
Activities & Affiliations
• Member of the New York State Bar Association
• Law Society of Upper Canada
• Former Board Member for Algoma University Board of Governors, 2011-2017
• Former Chair of the Nomination and Governance Committee for Algoma University Board, 2011-2017
• Nurse Practitioner Board of Directors, 2010-2012
• New York, Ontario
Get in touch
At Wishart Law Firm, we believe access to your lawyer is key. Use the form to the right email or click below to an appointment today.